Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Teal loop. Today we are sharing some of our favorite summer recipes.
I’m not usually well known for my culinary skills, in fact – I thought participating in this loop would be enough to at least try and get me to cook something, but the motivation just wasn’t as strong as I hoped it would be. (Also, my life got very very busy). That being said, I do want to try and build my skills in the kitchen, and I am feeling very home sick for the Disney Parks… so I figured, why not combine those two feelings and spend the summer cooking Disney treats I love? Here are the park things that scream ‘Disney Vacation’ to me, along with the recipes I plan on trying to use to make them at home:
5. ‘Ohana’s Bread Pudding Recipe– By the time this dessert comes around at the actual restaurant I’m always way too full to really enjoy it, so I’m hoping making it at home will mean I can savor it that much more. [via Disney Food Blog]
4. Flame Tree BBQ – If you’ve never been to this Animal Kingdom quick service staple, you are missing out my friend. It has some of the best barbecue I’ve ever tasted, and is by far my favorite quick service restaurant in the Parks. Being able to nail down their sauce might be a challenge, but for me at least, it’s one worth taking on. [via All Ears.Net]
3. PB&J Milkshakes Recipe – While I haven’t actually dined at 50s Prime Time Cafe in quite some time, I always have to make a pit stop to pick up one of these bad boys to go whenever I’m in Hollywood Studios. Being able to make them at home would be a great mix of delicious and dangerous (for my diet at least). [via All Ears.Net]
2. Dragon Berry Colada Recipe – Probably not surprisingly, this drink from the ‘Food and Wine Festival’ is actually the only one of these recipes I’ve made before. This is because it’s easy and a delicious summer cocktail and also because who doesn’t love recreating Food and Wine in their own homes? [via Disney Food Blog]
1. Dole Whip – It would not be an exaggeration to say I dream about Dole Whip after returning from my Disney vacations. There are so many recipes out there for this soft serve delight, so if this one doesn’t work out, I’m excited to spend all summer trying to get it perfect. [via Domestic Rebel]
Have you had any success making Disney foods at home? Any tips/advice/recipes you want to share would be more than welcome, and stay tuned as I report back on my successes (or failures) with the five above!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Teal | Summer Recipes Loop:
- 1st Stop – Ashley Aspires | The Grey Stuff
- 2nd Stop – Frontierland Station | Key Lime Pie
- 3rd Stop – The Disney Chef | Dole Whip Float – Aloha Isle
- 4th Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | Disney Recipes to Recreate This Summer
- 5th Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | Florida Fresh Watermelon Salad