Welcome to the next stop on Magical Blogorail Green. Today we are discussing the best ways to end a Disney vacation.
It’s not my last day at Disney unless I’ve sadly walked down Main Street USA while singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song. But if you want a less melodramatic way to say ‘See Ya Real Soon’ To Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom (or Disneyland) – here are some other great tips for a magical last day:
1. Last Food – Dole Whip. Because, duh. There’s no better way to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom than getting one last taste of that sweet, sweet pineapple ice cream you can’t find anywhere else.
2. Last Ride – This is a tough one. If I can, I love to ride Big Thunder Mountain during the fireworks to say goodbye. But if that’s not an option, I really recommend just choosing your favorite ride, because hey – it’s your last go around until who knows when? Might as well make it count.
3. Last Show – Always the fireworks. While I love Fantasmic (and would recommend that if you’re in Disneyland since you don’t have to go to another park for that), there’s something so magical about getting one last Wishes in, it’s how I ended my CP, and it’s how I’ll end every single Disney vacation of all time.
4. Last Experience – One your way out of the park, I highly recommend going to meet Mickey Mouse (assuming the line isn’t too long). There’s no one I’d rather say ‘see ya real soon’ to as I head home and start counting down the days to my next magical vacation. (Bonus if you’re in Orlando and you actually count the Magical Express as the last experience, because it is one of my favorite things in the world).
What are your favorite ways to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom (or Disneyland)? Anything I should add to my list the next time I’m at Disney?
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Best Ways to End a Disney Vacation Loop:
- 1st Stop – Adventureland Pam | Last Day at Disney: Downtown Disney
- 2nd Stop – This Roller Coaster Called Life | The Last Day at Disney: Character Meals
- 3rd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Spending Your Final Morning in the France Pavilion
- 4th Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | Saying Goodbye To Main Street USA
- 5th Stop – The Disney Chef | Eating My Feelings: How I Say Goodbye to Walt Disney World