12 Days of Disney is in full swing, even as 2014 winds down, and with the year (basically) behind us – here are some Disney reasons I’m looking forward to 2015, and you should be too!
Disney Movies In 2015 From Marvel to Pixar to Lucas Films, It’s going to be a great year for Disney (and their subsidiaries) when it comes to the box office.
1. Cinderella (March 15th) – I am already living for Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, and I’ve never seen a movie that had Kenneth Branagh involved that I didn’t love. Basically – I’ve already bought my midnight showing ticket.
2. Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st) – Because I’m cool (or just because I have friends who are serious Marvel fans), I got an early first look at this movie during New York Comic-Con. And for someone who didn’t care much about the first Avengers (or, full discloser, Marvel movies in general) that first look got me SUPER pumped excited for this one.
3. Tomorrowland (May 22nd) – I knew nothing about this movie until I saw the trailer, and I still know very little. But what I do know, I love. Plus I’m secretly hoping that this will spur a re-vamp of one of the more neglected lands in the Magic Kingdom.
4. Inside Out (June 19th) – At this point any Pixar movie that isn’t a ‘Cars’ sequel has me singing its praises. Throw in Amy Poehler, and an actually unique concept for a film, and I’m totally sold.
5. Ant-Man (July 17th) – While I haven’t found an official trailer for this yet, I also saw some footage at New York Comic-Con, and it looks great. Also, Paul Rudd has the cutest face in Hollywood, and I hope he has a Chris Pratt-esq rise to action hero fame off this one.
6. Jungle Book (October 9th) – While not much is known about this one yet, I can confidently say that any movie that manages to feature both Bill Murray and Lupita Nyong’o is going to be a great movie.
7. The Good Dinosaur (November 25) – I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, any Pixar movie that isn’t a Cars sequel is a major win.
8. Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens (December 18th) – I do not hate Mr. Black Storm Trooper and I’m also excited for this franchise to be relevant again. Not that it was ever totally irrelevant… but, well, I’m just happy okay?!
Disney Park Upgrades In 2015
9. Disney Springs – Possible unpopular opinion time: I did not enjoy the old Downtown Disney. Once Pleasure Island closed it mostly felt like a weird ghost town. So I’m excited to see what the future holds, and eat at Morimoto.
10. Disneyland’s 60th Anniversary – I was lucky enough to go to Disneyland during its 50th anniversary celebration, and it was such a festive feeling. I’ve blogged about my love for Disneyland in the past, but it bears repeating: I have a lot of good memories there and would love to be a part of its 60th celebration.
11. Disneyland’s New Frozen Show (and parade float) – Saving Up For Disney is breaking down all the Frozen offerings to come to both the land and the world of Dis in 2015 at that link… and I will offer no comment because ‘Frozen’ has given me a lot of feelings.
12. 21 Royal Street – It will always be on my bucket list to get into Club 33. But, if I can’t do that – 21 Royal Street seems like it will be a good mid-way point. (Here’s hoping I can rent it out by my 30th birthday!)
Disney TV Shows In 2015
13. The Lion Guard – ‘The Lion King’ spin off may be meant for the Disney Junior audience, but I’ll be tuning in at least once, because I’m super curious about how much this show will rely on the movie.
14. Agent Carter – One final humble brag about my time at New York Comic-Con, which is that I got to see a sneak peek of this as well and it looks awesome. From World War II to kick ass women, I can already tell there won’t be a thing I don’t love about this show when it premieres January 6th on ABC.
15. The D23 Expo – I’m still trying to decide if I should go or not, but even if I don’t, we all know there will be tons of announcements and reveals that are sure to get all us Disney nerds excited for 2016.
What are you most looking forward to in the Disney World of 2015? Let me know if there’s anything you think I should be including on this list!